Courses Syllabus and Results
(1) Introductions “What/Who are entrepreneurs?”
(2) 1st “Entrepreneur and Business Skills” assessment. (10 questions)
(3) Entrepreneurship and its benefits.
(1) Discussion on business opportunities; how to recognize and take advantage of an opportunity around you.
(2) Discuss seasonal opportunities for students to make money in their communities.
(3) Introduction and explanation of a business plan and its 4 components.
(1) Importance of the Financial section of the business plans.
(2) Explanation and practice filling out business financial statements: balance sheet and income statement.
(3) 2nd “Entrepreneur and Business Skills” assessment. (20 questions)
(1) Financial terms and concepts.
(2) Cash Flow for Kids® board game.
(1) Discuss and define the 4 factors of production.
(2) Choose products from catalog.
(3) Calculate wholesale, retail and profit margins for your product.
(1) Discussion on the organizational chart and the hierarchy of a business.
(2) Brief overview of the various legal business entities.
(3) Guest Speakers: Young entrepreneurs who have entrepreneurial advice and insight.
(1) Discuss and define terms for Internet and online research.
(1) Four P’s of marketing: product, price, promotion and place.
(2) Students will design flyers based on the four P’s of marketing.
(1) Executive summary overview for your specific business venture.
(2) Students complete business plan workbook and prepare for business plan presentations and Market Expo.
(1) Business etiquette and professional development.
(2) 3rd “Entrepreneur and Business Skills” assessment. (30 questions)
Business Plan and Product Expo